KAI Partners is in search of a project manager to lead strategic project work for workforce and economic development at the California Community College Chancellor’s office. These strategic projects serve a system that supports over 2.1 million learners; and requires a combination of strategic thinking, understanding the workforce and economic landscape, and professionalism alongside a strong ability to organize and drive to project outcomes. You are a PM that enjoys research and analysis who can also synthesize concepts into clear written artifacts and know how to apply the ‘right-sized’ project framework to the situation
- Able to rapidly orient to new concepts, organizational and stakeholder environments to apply plan-based, agile, or hybrid project management frameworks.
- Strong ability to write, edit, ask for and apply feedback to produce project management artifacts including, but not limited to: Project Plans, Meeting Minutes, Business Cases, and Executive Summaries, Statements of Work, Charters.
- Ability to produce, iterate, and present PowerPoint presentations to executives and diverse stakeholders
- Able to plan, orchestrate and facilitate project meetings to outcomes with keen situational awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Use data and analytics to highlight and prioritize opportunities for improvement
- Work with functional leaders and key stakeholders to document business processes and pain points
- Understand when to apply change management concepts to aid project management application.
- Able to make independent decisions and recommendations based on situational awareness and experience
- Develop and maintain system documentation and procedures that include: best practices, knowledge transfer, standard operating procedures and service-level agreements for project management efforts for the client.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Demonstrate Systems Analysis- Determining how a project sits within a system, how it should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Demonstrate strong ability to apply integrated business tools for project work: JIRA, MS Teams, One Note, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and project management enterprise tools.
- Experience practicing as a PMP for 7+ years, Agile for 4+ years on long-horizon project portfolios with multiple stakeholders. (Flexible, adaptable, and positive outlook in giving and receiving feedback in a team dynamic)
- Background in state-level or national level workforce and economic development understanding legislative and educational policy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Policy, or Journalism, Economics. MBA a plus.
- Possess a strong ability to write, create professional documentation, and present with confidence to an executive audience with minimal guidance.
- Experience in private and public sectors (product marketing, program management)
KAI Partners, Inc. believes a business succeeds by the hard work of its employees. Through the imagination, experiences, knowledge, and skills of our people, we help clients engineer solutions that matter to their business and their people.
We are a California-based small business providing world-class management consulting services to public and private sector clients. With proven talent and extensive experience across multiple large-scale projects, the KAI Partners team has executive-level experience in Information Systems design, development, implementation, and testing. We have extensive experience in financial program and system operations, and internal program and system audit support.
The KAI Partners team has over six decades of experience working within and consulting to organizations across numerous industries, including health care, oil and gas, technology, non-profit organizations, and more. Our experience includes a 20-year history implementing the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) best practices and standards. To learn more please visit http://www.kaipartners.com/ .